Conditions of Entry - 2019
- It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that all work offered meets all conditions of entry.
- All art works must be original and recent by the artist. The definition of ‘recent’, for the purposes of these terms and conditions, is within approximately 12 months of the entry being submitted.
- Works must not have been exhibited at the Mortlake Art Show in previous years.
- All measurements must include the framing.
- Multiple works of art from each artists will be considered subject to space availability. Please contact us if you wish to check before submitting your entry.
- Entry to the competition is optional. Be sure to indicate your preference on the entry form.
- It is expected that all art works will remain installed for the duration of the Show.
- All works must be ready to be hung. Pieces will not be accepted unless a suitable hanging mechanism is attached to them.
- A charge of 20% of the total sale amount of each art work will be charged by the organisers as commission.
- No responsibility will be taken by the organisers for any outcomes that may be the result of sale transactions.
- The only form of personalised advertising for artists will be (a) business cards; and/or (b) small flyers. All other advertising requests will be considered on an individual basis by the organisers.
- The information you provide on the entry form may be used to assist with the compilation of the show catalogue, and for promotional purposes for this and future years of the Art Show.
- Artists exhibiting will be provided with ONE (1) free ticket to the opening evening event.
- Your ticket will be available at the door on the evening. This will be an opportunity for you to network with members of the Mortlake and district artistic community.
- Registration closes at 5 pm on Friday 12 May 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The Mortlake Police will be advised of the event and regular patrols will be conducted (24 hours). The RSL Hall is a secure building. No responsibility, however, will be taken by the organisers for lost, stolen or damaged work(s). It is your responsibility to insure items, if required.